|A History of Beckenham (pdf)||
The Friends group has been wound up at the 20th July 2023 and the
membership list is now closed.
(The park was acquired by the London County Council between 1927 and 1929, the LCC decided to buy the park in 1927, purchased it in 1928 and opened it to the public in 1929, it passed from the GLC to London Borough of Lewisham in 1972).
A full history is available via the History links
Contact: email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This website remains active as an information resource.
We hope that any future threats to the security of the park as a public open space, environmental and heritage resource would be met by the re-emergence of a new Friends group to counter any such threat.